Online Payments - Terms and Conditions of Use
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the online payment facility as making a payment by this method indicates that you have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Your payment will take a minimum of 3 working days to reach your account. Therefore, you should not use Quick Pay if your payment is overdue. You should contact the relevant Department to inform them that a payment is being made.
- East Staffordshire Borough Council does not refuse cards, but payment may be refused by your bank or building society. If this occurs we advise you to contact your bank or building society directly.
- The Council cannot accept liability if a credit/debit card payment is declined by the card supplier. You should contact your card supplier, if there is a problem, as the Council is not obliged to inform you that a card has been declined.
- The Council does not accept liability for payments being posted to the wrong account, if you quote an incorrect number when making the payment.
- You should ensure that you receive confirmation of your payment at the end of the transaction, and you will be able to print a receipt.
- If at any stage you are suspicious that an unauthorised third party may have accessed your data from the Company you must immediately contact the Income Management Office on 01283 508421 (open Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
The data that you provide to us during the transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. The Council shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 (and any amendment or re-enactment thereof) and ensure that the data is used for no other purpose and is disclosed to no third party other than may be required by law.
Limitation of Liability
The Council, it's suppliers or other third parties mentioned or referred to at this site shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever (including without limitation those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites limited to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all search sites, whether based on warranty, content, text or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
Virus Protection Awareness
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from the East Staffordshire Borough Council's website.
The East Staffordshire Borough Council's website covers web content published at http://www.INSERT HYPERLINK. Our website and material relating to local government information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purposes, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the East Staffordshire Borough Council's website.
Every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the original material produced by the East Staffordshire Borough Council's website and contained within the pages of this website. This material is regularly reviewed and is subject to alteration from time to time.
East Staffordshire Borough Council does not accept liability for any loss, damage or injury of any kind resulting from a defect or inaccuracy in the information or code in the material contained within the pages of external Internet sites to which it facilitates access, or is accessed from. References and links to any such sites should not be taken as an endorsement by East Staffordshire Borough Council of opinions expressed or services provided at those sites.
These pages reside on a server run by East Staffordshire Council. Any views expressed in these pages are not necessarily those of East Staffordshire Borough Council. If you find anything that causes concern please let us know. You can contact the Content Owner shown at the bottom of each web page, use the Contact Us feedback form
East Staffordshire Borough Council reserves the right to revise their terms at any time. You are advised to check this page to review the current terms in that they are legally binding on you. Certain provisions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices on terms located on particular pages of our website.
This site is administered by East Staffordshire Borough Council from its offices in Burton upon Trent. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.